(formerly STALCA II)
Historically, this vessel was the Royal Yacht of the GRIMALDI Family of Monaco, built by and for Princess Grace and Prince Ranier III. This ultimately private yacht is exclusively offered in the Americas by YachtEZ Import And Export LLC, and in the EU by our UK Limited Company, YachtEZ Import And Export Ltd., cost now as per owner direct offered at EURO 480,000.00€.
VALIMIRO was originally built by CCYD in Venice, Italia, in 1984 as ‘STALCA II’ to the order of HH Prince Ranier III of Monaco and his American actress wife Grace Kelly for sailing with their three children: Stefanie, Albert and Caroline. From their combined names, came the boat name STALCA.
Sold to other owners from the Grimaldi Family, she was renamed VALIMIRO, and came under her present ownership in 2009. Recently completely retrofitted and rebuilt by YachtEZ company associates GIANETTI Yachts of Pisa; she is immaculate and the Italian woodwork refinish is by far beyond excellence in sight and feel, no finish is comparable to the hand-rubbed finish of Italian old world woodworking, and the Italian leather interior??… nothing else needs to be said.
Since our acquisition and subsequent complete control of VALIMIRO, we have reconditioned and painted her 26mt (85′) hull to the deep midnight blue as she sits at in our harbour today.
Call YachtEZ office in USA [+954 767 8855] or EU +(44) 7504887101 / SKYPE: +954 769 0558) for appointment to board and review, there is not a second chance to own a piece of real history.
INFORMATION ON VESSEL AS SHE SITS TODAY: Beds - Accommodation: 9 pax x 5 cabins plus 2 crew x 1 cabin Sleeping area - Lower deck - 5 cabins: Owner's cabin: with double bed, bedside tables, desk with puff, wardrobe, vestibule with pharmacy and dresser, intercom, commands air conditioning, stereo. Owner's bathroom with access private, separate shower, electric heating. SX and DX guest cabin: both with 2 flat beds, bedside table, stereo, wall units, wardrobe, 4 drawers under the bed, intercom, bathroom with separate shower and electric heating. Single cab SX: 1 bed, stereo, wardrobe, 3 drawers, intercom, air conditioning, access to the SX WC Single cabin DX: 1 bed, desk, wardrobe, stereo, intercom, 4 cas, air conditioning, access to the DX toilet. Kitchen: 4-burner gas stove plus 1 electric, fridge, coffee machine, oven, sink, wall units. Galley: Maxifrigo and freezer, shelves and storage shelves Laundry: washing machine, shelves, complete with all bed linen, duvets, bedspreads, towels.
Salon: 2 opposing sofas, round dining table, coffee table with glasses, stereo, TV, bookshelves, wardrobes. Cabin and crew: 2 beds, toilet with shower, stereo, small kitchenette, fridge. Local Navigator: n.01 desk with electronic station complete with: GPS color 10 "video Garmin with Radar and Echo sounder functions, Furuno AD 10S Converter, Color video B & G Vulkan 07 plotter, Eco Hercules 2, Hercules Master display 2. Auto Pilot 2 Stations. Hydraulic lifting keel double control, Electrical bow thruster with 4 dedicated 900 Amps batteries, dedicated battery charger. Living area - Main deck: Teak deck, driver's seat with steering wheel aft central, sofa and round table aft, half-boat above the sun lounge complete with cushions and sponges, at the bow sofa sun with pillows and sponges Electronic equipment - Navigation equipment: - 2 VHF - 1 Ecosounder - n.1 - 25cm Plath Magnetic compass - n.1 - 25cm Plath Gyro - 1 Autopilot - 1 GPS Garmin with Radar function - n.1 Ecosounder Herc. - 1 Barometric station - 1 Wind station - 1 Canon fax receiver - Engine monitoring instruments VESSEL Inventory: Watermaker, air conditioning, fire extinguishing system, bilge system, mobile drift, radiator zatore, N 2 sockets 380V and 220 V quay
Custom Built Exclusively by and for Prince Rainer III
Engine/Fuel Type: Twin / diesel
Located In: Viareggio, Italy
Hull Material: Steel
Current Price: EUR 480,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 547,000)
Originally built for Prince Ranier III of Monaco, VALIMIRO is a comprehensively refitted and updated steel-hulled twin screw centreboard schooner from CCYD to designs by Ron Holland.
VALIMIRO was originally built by CCYD in Venice in 1984 as ‘STALCA II’ to the order of HH Prince Ranier III of Monaco and his American actress wife Grace Kelly for sailing with their three children: Stefanie, Albert and Caroline. From their combined names, came the boat name STALCA.
Following their ownership, STALCA II (now VALIMIRO) passed through two further ownership’s, a German businessman and an Italian industrialist. In 2009, she was laid up ashore for 4 years before being acquired by her present owner who has subsequently undertaken a comprehensive rebuild of the yacht to bring her back to her former glory. During this refit in 2015/16, owner spent documented EURO 540,000.00€, on almost every aspect of the yacht being worked through, including:-
- Complete zero-hour rebuild of the twin Caterpillar C3208 engines
- Fitment of new Onan generator and full rebuild of secondary Onan generator
- Fitment of new teak decks
- Complete repaint of all exterior and interior metalwork
- New hydraulic systems
- New air-conditioning system
- New electronics
- Remodelled bathrooms with electric heads
With the practicality of an easily-handled schooner rig, the robust nature of the steel hull and the ‘go-anywhere’ nature of her centreboard keel, VALIMIRO is the prefect adventure yacht. Her fantastic 5-cabin plus crew interior is also luxurious enough for charter or live aboard duties, whilst her fascinating history is sure to create conversation in any anchorage she visits.
CCYD is the acronym of “Costruzioni e Charter Yacht Diporto”, a shipyard founded in Venice by Mr. Gianfranco Padoan during the ’70s. The shipyard became famous during the ‘80s for his quality in the production of steel custom made boats designed from famous designer such as Tommaso Spadolini, Gae Aulenti, German Frers and Ron Holland.
(Please Note. These sales particulars are preliminary and are only indicative of the current specification from owner disclosure.)
- RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was first placed into use prior to 16th June 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Marine steel hull, deck and superstructure built under Lloyds Registry control in Class +100A1.
- Topsides, superstructure and hull internals repainted 2016
- Teak laid decking – replaced 2014
Keel & Rudder:
- Centreboard with hydraulic actuation
- Rudder with skeg
Engine & Transmission:
- 2x Caterpillar C3208 V8 four-stroke 210hp naturally aspirated diesel engines.
- Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchangers.
- Reduction gearboxes
- ZF MicroCommander electronic gear/throttle control system with switchable controls at inner and outer helms – 2016
- Engine room camera system
- Engine fully rebuilt and ‘zero-houred’ – 2014
- Engine hours – approx. 50 since zero-hour rebuild as of March 2018
- Date of last engine service – rebuild in 2017
- Cruising speed – approx 9 knots
- Maximum speed – approx 11 knots
- Range: approx 2,500Nm
Propulsion & Steering:
- 18kw bowthruster – 2015
- Wheel steering with helm controls at inner and outer helm positions
- 24vDC primary domestic system with 24vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via Shore Power or Generators.
- Batteries replaced during 2014 refit.
- 24vDC engine start battery bank
- 12vDC generator start battery bank
- 24vDC service battery bank
- 24vDC bowthruster battery bank
Charging / Inverter:
- Dolphin 100Amp 24vDC engine battery charger – 2014
- Quick 25Amp 12vDC generator battery charger – 2014
- Service battery charger – 2014
- Bowthruster battery charger – 2015
- Onan 27Kw starboard generator – 2014
- Onan 20Kw portside generator – ‘zero-houred’ 2014
- 2x Engine mounted belt driven alternators.
- 24v/12v voltage recitfiers
- 32Amp 220vAC & 64Amp 380vAC shorepower system
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Pressurized water supply via 24vDC pressure-pumps
- Hot water via engine calorifiers or via 220vAC immersion heater elements in well-insulated hot water storage tank
- 220vAC reverse-osmosis watermaker
- Electric and manual bilge pumps
- 10x bilge spaces with bilge alarms
- Grey and black water discharges to holding tanks
- Approx 9,000 litres in 2x steel tanks
- Approx 4,000 litres in 2x steel tanks
- 2x black water holding tanks
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Autopilot – 2014
- B&G Vulcan V7 chart plotter in cockpit – 2014
- Garmin LCD radar chart plotter display at inner helm station – 2014
- Garmin digital radar system with closed array scanner – 2014
- Raymarine ST60 wind, speed, depth & tri-data displays in cockpit – 2014
- Raymarine ST60 wind and speed displays at lower helm – 2014
- Furuno FCV620 echo-sounder – 2014
- Gyro compass
- Icom IC-M323 VHF with DSC – 2014
- Icom IC-M505 VHF with DSC – 2014
- Delonghi gas range with 3x burners and 2x electric hot plates., oven/grill
- Electric extractor fan
- Microwave oven
- Twin sinks with hot & cold pressurized supply
- Fridges & freezer plus cold store
- 24vDC electric heads – 2014
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies
- Washing machine
Heating & Ventilation:
- 220vAC air-conditioning throughout – 2014
- Towel radiators in heads
- LCD TV in saloon – 2014
- KVH Tracvision satellite TV system with antenna on mast – 2014
- CD/Radio in saloon and accommodation cabins with speakers – 2014
Other Domestic Equipment:
- Intercom phone system
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to nine guest berths in master cabin plus four guest cabins, plus additional crew cabin in forward section. Three guest heads plus further crew heads.
- Wood joinery throughout.
- Leather upholstery in saloon.
- Carpeting or varnished soleboards in all accommodation cabins
- Tiled surfaces in galley and heads
- Varnished wood headlining’s
- Master cabin aft with king size bed , two night tables, desk and beauty with chair, wardrobe, stereo , A/C, lobby closet.
- Private Owner bathroom with private access, shower cabinet, electrical heating
- Two twin guest cabins with two single beds, night table, stereo, locker, drawers under beds.
- Two en-suite guest heads with toilets, shower cabinet and electrical heating.
- Singe port guest cabin forward with stereo set, wardrobe, 3 drawers, air-conditioning, and access to portside guest en-suite toilet.
- Starboard guest cabin forward with bunk beds, writing desk, wardrobe, stereo, 4 drawers, air-conditioning, and access to starboard guest en-suite toilet.
- Crew cabin in forward section, accessible from deck, with two bunks, heads, crew galley and stereo system.
- Saloon with two circular leather sofas, round dining table, bar cupboard, book shelves and lockers under seats
- Chart room aft of saloon in walk through to master cabin.
- Main galley aft and level of saloon with U-shaped counter
- Internal helm station aft and above saloon with helm position to starboard and seating to port.
- Schooner rig
- Aluminium alloy spars – painted cream – 2015
- Two sets of inline spreaders on main and mizzen masts
- Stainless steel wire standing rigging – 2015
- Split backstays
- Hydraulic furling yankee and staysail
- In-mast furling for mainsail and mizzen
- Lewmar winch package with electric winches at aft end of companionway and electric winch on main mast.
- Dacron mainsail, mizzen, staysail and yankee
- Varnished teak bulwark
- Folding passarelle with boarding guardwire
- Circular aft cockpit searing with varnished teak table
- Stainless steel and teak aft bathing platform with bathing ladder.
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lofrans anchor windlass with twin gypsies and mooring gypsie
- Twin anchors with chains
- Mooring bollards
- Fenders and warps
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Exterior helm cover
- Aft cockpit furniture covers
- Hatch covers
Tender & Outboard:
- Zodiac tender
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Lying presently Viareggio, Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Local Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00 / Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact YachtEZ Import And Export at either of our USA or European locations.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.